back from the brink.
JORVIK Viking Centre is one of the most popular visitor attractions in the UK, welcoming over 18 million people in the past 30 years.
The launch of the new website coincided with the reopening of the centre, following six months of cleaning, drying out of the building and repairs.
The world-famous Viking attraction closed its doors on 27 December 2015 when flood water from the nearby River Foss inundated the underground attraction, causing huge damage to the recreation of 10th century JORVIK and the artefact galleries, although all of the historic collection of artefacts was rescued unharmed.
a reimagined vision.
The new website, brought to life by moving content of Viking characters, educates visitors on Viking history, the JORVIK story and allows users to book a visit online.
Since its relaunch the website has seen an impressive increase in both traffic and online bookings.
- 113% year on year increase in sessions
- 93.41% year on year increase in users
- 165% year on year increase in pageviews
- 4.9% year on year increase in average time on site
- 22.9% year on year decrease in bounce rate
- 47% increase in the number of pageviews to the booking landing page
As a result, JORVIK delivers an unrivaled digital Viking experience.
We are hiring!